Through our strategic hosting partner Drip Drop Hosting, we provide boutique Drupal hosting & website maintenance services so that you can delegate your site's performance, security and uptime to us.
We harness the power of omega8.cc to provide boutique hosting services for small to mid-level sites that make use of the Octopus and Barracuda projects' high-performance tuning for Drupal, using Aegir as a hosting management solution and the Boost and Cache projects for performance-boosting. We have more hands-on, managed hosting options, as well as more hands-off, unmanaged options. For those desiring the ability to do so, code can be version-controlled via your favorite VCS and code can be pushed between development, staging and production environments. We can go beyond traditional hosting platforms as we possess the synergy of Drupal expertise combined with hosting expertise.
To garner the most performance from your site, you must have a top-quality hosting platform (which we provide), but you must also make good decisions and invest time in your code, since a great hosting solution alone cannot guarantee top performance. We can work together to make your site a success - contact us to get started!
Sample price quote
- $250 for spinning up the initial site with any module/theme installations you'd need (we could do bulk pricing for spinning up multiple sites, if you'd need that).
- $35/month for hosting on our high-performance hosting solution for low amounts of authenticated user traffic.
- $65/month for a site with higher amounts of authenticated user traffic (i.e. a social networking site or a site where users are creating, editing, and deleting content in high frequency, and/or logged in while browsing the site). Depending on the scale of your solution, $35/month might be just fine. Soon we are planning to install New Relic to help us profile sites and adapt to fair, finer-grained pricing model based on the site's load on our servers and its consumption of resources....but we have the option for you to lock in a pricing structure and a discount by paying for service farther into the future (i.e. a multi-month package, yearly package, etc).
- $75/month for site/module maintenance: We follow security advisories for you, so that, when released and relevant to your platform, we do a staging -> production upgrade for the core or the module (wherever the vulnerability is), where we "stage" and test the upgrade via a technology called Aegir, before we actually perform the upgrade on the live site.)
- $85/hour for support & maintenance: If you need customizations to your Managing News platform (for example if we hit a performance bottleneck with the way you implemented channel access restrictions in Managing News, and you'd like us to fix that -- that would be billable hourly. Also, if a module or core upgrade breaks your site in any way (when found in staging, or if it somehow slips unnoticed into production), that is not included in the support package -- if you'd like us to fix that, that is also billed hourly). We can of course implement the channel access restrictions for you, too. If you have a project greater than, say, 10 hours of work, we can set up an estimate for this, too.
This pricing structure allows us to adapt to unknowns and manage risk, given the smaller size of our business. You can pay a lot more money for companies like Acquia to do this, and get a flat fee...but their services are often out of the scope, price range, and needs of many individuals and businesses, hence the "boutique" nature of our services.